We all have WiFi dsl routers in our home, it is very often to forgot wireless network password. There could be many reasons to change WiFi password, so today we will know how we can set new WiFi password easily using Android, Windows computer, iPhone or mobile phone. There are many benefits of setting strong security Key to prevent stealing of your bandwidth. Well there are two ways of changing WLAN password of Modem/ Router using routers’ configuration software page (current password should be known / device should be connected to the network) or by factory resetting the router. Also checkout how to know already saved WiFi password.
Changing Wi-Fi password
This method will work on all WiFi enabled computing devices. All you need is web browser and your device should be connected to the network, whose password you want to change. It will work for : BSNL Boradband, Comcast, AT&T, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, CenturyLink, Charter, Cox, Cable Vison, Connect, Airtel, SSE, Plusnet, EE, TalTalk, Excite, Sky, BT, Virgin, MTNL, PLDT, dreamtel, tp-link, d-link, Tenda, Netgear, Linksys, Apple, Xiaomi, BelkinAsus, TREADNet, Portal, Synology, Google, ZTE, Huawei, NEC, Digisol, LANCOM, Rukus, Cerio , H3C, Telco, Ericson, Dell, MerakiCisco and binatone routers.
To change WiFi password of your modem, adsl / dsl2+ router, take the following steps:
- Connect to the Wi Fi Network
- Open Web Browser
- Open routers configuration page by typing Router default access IP address ( check all routers IP address and login passwords)
- Standard router addresses are : http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1
- Enter the routers Username and Password ( username =’admin’ , password = ‘password’)
- Go to Routers Wireless Setting TAB
- Select SECURITY
- In SECURITY KEY or PASSWORD field enter the new password you want to SET. ( you can see the typed password by clicking show password)
- Now Click on APPLY or Save button. The router will take some to process the new change, with this all devices currently connected will be disconnected
- You have to connect all devices again using new password
- How to Check Own number in iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry
- How to Fix / Solve Error Code 413 in Android Google Play Store
If you forgot the routers current password and you device is not even connected to the network, then you can change the WiFi password by first resetting the router, connecting to it and then following the above method. When you reset the router it will wipe all currently saved WiFi, ISP, portforwards, firewall and other settings.
How to Reset your router
- To reset the router press and hold the tiny WPS / Reset button on the router for about 10 seconds
- Now you router is reset to factory settings
- You can see the default on the retail box or on the back of router itself.
After you are connected to the router you have to follow the first method to change WiFi password. We hope you like the easy tutorial on how to reset the WiFi password of your router on mobile or computer.