Today’s tutorial is all about how you can clear Data, clear Cache, Defaults and Force stop an Application in an Android phone. The good thing about clearing app data and the cache are that, it will clear phone Dalvik cache and makes the phone faster. If some application is showing error and creating a problem, even then clearing Cache data of that app should solve the problem. The Bad about clearing App data is that it will wipe all the app data, example : If you are clearing some Game App Data it will clear all the data including High Scores, the level passed etc.
Not just that there is another benefit, for which you should clear cache and App data. If some app is causing problem / Error like “App Stopped Forcefully” or “App stopped Working” then you should Force stop that app and clear its data and cache from the settings.
Clear Apps Data, Cache, Defaults and Force stop in any Android phone
If you want to clear Default app for the particular operation (video player, Browser, launcher) then Go to current Default App ( as instructed below) and Select Clear Defaults.
- How to fix solve error "process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" in Android
- How to Fix Solve Error DF-BPA-09 in Google Play Store 'Error Processing Purchase'
To clear cache, data, Defaults and Force stop an Application in Android phone, take the following Steps:
- Go to Settings
- Select to Application Manager or Apps
- Select “Manage Applications”
- Swipe to “ALL”, look for the App you want to clear data and cache
- Touch the desired APP
- Touch on Clear Cache
- Tap on Clear Data
- Scroll Down and Touch on Clear Defaults
- On the Top Select Force Stop
The method should work fine on Allview, Amoi, Archos, AT&T, BenQ, Bird, BLU, Casio, Celkon, Dell, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Siemens, Gigabyte, Haier, HTC, i-mate, Icemobile, iNQ, Karbonn, Lava, LG, Maxwest, Micromax, Mitac, Modu, MWg, Neonode, Nokia, O2, Oppo, Palm, Pantech, Philips, Posh, Qtek, Samsung, Sewon, Siemens, Sony, Spice, Tel.Me., Thuraya, Unnecto, verykool, VK, Mobile, Wiko, XCute, XOLO, Yota, ZTE, Alcatel , Amazon, Apple, Asus, Benefon, BenQ-Siemens, BlackBerry, Bosch, Cat, OBI, LETV, Elephone, Pepsi, iBerry Auxus, Acer, Alcatel, MChea, Emporia, Eten, Garmin-Asus, Gionee, HP, Huawei, i-mobile, Innostream, Jolla, Kyocera, Lenovo, Maxon, Myphone, BQ, Star mobile, Cherry Mobile, TCL, THL, Meizu, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, Motorola, NEC, NIU, Nvidia, OnePlus, Orange, Panasonic, Parla, Plum, Prestigio, Sagem, Sendo, Sharp, Sonim, Sony Ericsson, T-Mobile, Telit, Toshiba, Vertu, vivo, Vodafone, WND, Xiaomi, Yezz, YU yureka ,Chinese phones Nokia, and other android mobile phones.
- Related Articles
- How to install Net Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 offline mode using DISM
- How to change WiFi Password using Android mobile, Windows, iPhone
- How to Manually Change DNS tcp/ip Settings in Windows 7 8.1 Win 10 XP Vista
- How to Remove or Add Google Gmail Account on Android Phone
The Solution should work on all Android versions including Android 2.1 Eclair, 2.2 Froyo , 2.3 Gingerbread, 3.0 Honecomb, 4.1 Jellybean, Android 4.4 Kitkat, 5.0 / 5.1 Lollipop, 6.0 Marshmallow +. There could slight difference in options.