Android phones nowadays come with great connectivity options, like 3G and 4G LTE. The 3G and 4G LTE network offers faster internet data speeds than the 2G, GPRS or EDGE. If you subscribed to 4G LTE or 3G internet Data plan it is very vital and beneficial to use it in LTE, HSPA+ or WCDMA only as Preferred Network Internet speeds. In some cases to avoid heavy data charges you might prefer to go with 2G GPRS network mode only.
Android operating system offers the variety of options to choose the best Preferred network according to your comfort. We found that in some Dual SIM smartphones users faces difficulty in selecting their desired preferred network mode. Below are two solutions, with which you can Toogle Switch or Change from 2G to 3G or force 4G LTE only mode or vice-versa. Many are trying to switch to 4G LTE so that they can enjoy Reliance JIO 4G VOLTE free calling and unlimited data offer on mobile phones.
Toggle / Switch Change 2G to 3G 4G LTE only mode in Android Phone using Settings:
- First Go to Settings
- Select Wireless and Networks
- Scroll Down and Touch on Mobile Network
- Tap on Dual SIM / SIM Settings
- Select “Network Mode”
- Some option Will Pop in the Screen
- WCDMA (Means 3G) , GSM (2G ) , LTE (4G)
- Choose the best Suited Option for according to you preferences
You can also select Combination of 2G + 3G ( Will automatically choose 2G network when 3G is not available). Many users found that after selecting 4G LTE or 2G Network the status bar shows no network signal. This could be due to several reasons, diagnose it in following ways:
- Make sure 3G or 4G LTE network signal are available in your area
- Go to Network Operators (you will find it in Above solution at Step 5)
- And Touch on “Select Automatically” or “Search Network” to select Network Manually
If the Internet on the phone is not working make sure you have configured correct APN Internet Settings. Solution 2:
- Related Articles
- Airtel APN for 3G / 4G LTE / 2G / GPRS Internet Settings for Android
- How to disable Visual Effect in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 , XP, Win 10 Vista
- Tata Docomo Manual Internet Settings for android phones (2G / 3G)
- Australia Mobile operators APN Internet Settings: Yes Singtel Optus, Telstra, Three 3, Vodafone
If your mobile phone is not showing the required Network or Preferred 4G / 2G / 3G Mode, you can have more options in Advance Internet Settings method to force specific network mode.
To Change 2G to 3G 4G LTE only network mode in Android Phone via USSD code, take the following steps:
- Dial *#*#4636#*#* OR ##626* OR ##786# in your phone
- Select Phone Information
- If you have Dual SIM Select the Slot (SIM) you want change settings for
- Scroll Down and select the Option Under “Set preferred network type”
- From here Select the Network Mode you wish to use (CDMA / GSM / GSM auto (PRL) / LTE / WCDMA)
How to change 3G to 4G on android phones with in Qualcomm Chipset Processor:
- For open Engineering mode in qualcomm chipset processor phone download and install “Shortcut Master Lite app”.
- Open it and click on Menu.
- Search for “Service Menu” Or “Engineering Mode” and select it.
- Now you can change the preferred network.
- OR Dial *#2263# then Select Menu and Click Back again then Select Menu.
- Now go to Key Input and Enter “0000”, Select UE Setting from Popup.
- Select the desired band by going : Configure Protocol>NAS>Network Control>Band Selection>LTE Band>
Switch between 2G / 3G / 4G LTE on android mobile phones with Mediatek Chipset Processor
If your device is used mediatek chipset processor then follow below steps to use 4g sim in 3g android mobile phones.
- Download and install Mtk Engineering Mode app from play store.
- Open it and click on “Mtk Settings”.
- Under Telephony scroll down , to “Network selecting/Preferred Network” Option.
- Now select the desired network from the list.
The above Preferred network Settings should work in Allview, Amoi, Reliance JIO, LYF, Archos, AT&T, BenQ, Bird, BLU, Casio, Celkon, Dell, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Siemens, Gigabyte, Haier, HTC, i-mate, Icemobile, iNQ, HP, BlackBerry, Bosch, Cat, OBI, LETV, Elephone, Pepsi, iBerry Auxus, Acer, Alcatel, MChea, Emporia, Eten, Garmin-Asus, Gionee, T-Mobile, Telit, Toshiba, Vertu, vivo, Vodafone, WND, Xiaomi, Yezz, YU yureka ,Chinese phones Nokia, Huawei, i-mobile, Innostream, Jolla, Kyocera, Lenovo, Maxon, Myphone, BQ, Star mobile, Cherry Mobile, TCL, THL, Meizu, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, Motorola, NEC, NIU, Nvidia, OnePlus, Orange, Panasonic, Parla, Plum, Prestigio, Sagem, Sendo, Posh, Qtek, Samsung, Sewon, Siemens, Sony, Spice, Tel.Me., Thuraya, Unnecto, verykool, VK, Mobile, Wiko, XCute, XOLO, Yota, ZTE, Alcatel , Sharp, Sonim, Sony Ericsson,Karbonn, Lava, LG, Maxwest, Micromax, Mitac, Modu, MWg, Neonode, Nokia, O2, Oppo, Palm, Pantech, Philips, Amazon, Apple, Asus, Benefon, BenQ-Siemens, and other android mobile phones.