Windows Phone 8.1, 8, Win 10 are popular mobile operating system. Today we will learn how to perform hard / master factory reset on Windows Phone normally or in case you forgot your screen lock password. In general, there are two ways to hard reset Microsoft Windows Phone using system settings with Password and by using hardware buttons (without password). Don’t worry if you have forgotten you lock screen password and don’t know how to unlock it. The way to restore factory settings in Win 8, 10, 8.1 is quite similar to android phones.
Factory Reset Windows Phone
Before starting make sure that you have backup of all your apps, common contacts and personal content as soft / factory reset will uninstall all the downloaded apps and delete all the content in the phone memory. The first method to reset your Windows Phone will work when you know the Password to unlock the screen, as you need access to system Settings App to accomplish it. Also, make sure your phone is at least 50% charged.
To restore factory settings on Windows phone, do the following:
- Related Articles
- How to defragment Hard Disk Drive in Windows 8, 7, XP, Win 10
- How to unlock android phone, tablet after too many pattern attempts without factory hard reset
- How to change WiFi Password using Android mobile, Windows, iPhone
- How to Enable or Stop Windows Search service in Win 10 / 7 / 8
- Go the System Settings
- Under System section Scroll down to ABOUT
- Scroll down and you Will find “Reset Your Phone” button, click on it
- A pop will flash on the screen telling “all your pictures, videos, music, content will be erased”
- Click on YES to perform factory reset
- Now the phone will reboot and the phone will be restored to factory settings
Don’t check “Erase SD card too” as it will delete data on the memory card.
Well if you have forgotten your password to unlock the Windows mobile phone then the above method will not work instead you have to try the below recovery method. This method will bypass the password you set and after the phone is restored to factory setting you can set a new password.
Hard Reset Windows 8 Phone if you forgot password
- Turn off you Mobile Phone
- Press the Power Key and immediately after phone vibrates press Volume Down until, exclamation sign appear on the display
- Press the buttons in this order: Volume UP, Volume Down, Power Key, Volume Down
- Now wait for some time, until the phone will be formatted and restart
After Soft reset you have to configure your phone (time, settings, WiFi key etc).
This tutorial will work on almost all windows phone 10, 8, 8.1 including Nokia Lumia 521 / 520 / 535, Microsoft Lumia, Micromax Canvas Win, Alcatel One Touch, Xolo, Samsung ATIV, HTC, BLU, Lava, Xolo, Acer liquid, Diginnos, Geanee, Panasonic, Coship, Celkon, Condor, iBall, Karbonn, Q-Smart, K-touch, Archos, Allview and Huawei Ascend.
If you face any problem during hard resetting Windows 8 phone do let us know in the comment section below.